Date of Event
St George Cricket Club:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:13PM
With the extension of the current lockdown it will be impossible to conduct our AGM as planned. As our Constitution requires us to hold the AGM before the end of July the Management Committee has decided on the following arrangement.
The AGM will go ahead on Saturday 24 July but will be held electronically with an invited attendance that satisfies our quorum requirements ( 20 eligible voting members). This will allow us to fulfil our statutory obligations as an Incorporated entity. As there will be no presentations, merely voting on legally required motions, it is anticipated that the meeting will take no longer than 10 minutes.
In making this decision the Committee considered the following with regards to the agenda.
- The Annual Report is on the website and is available to all members for viewing
- The Club, even in the difficult financial circumstances of Covid, will show a small surplus for the season. Any member who would like a copy of the Financial Statements is welcome to contact the Club and they’ll be forwarded
- The Presentation of Awards can take place at a Club training session
- The Committee is confident that all members would support the nomination of Ross Longbottom for Life Membership (a copy of the nomination by Life Member, Ray Tozer, will be circulated).
- There are no elections as only one nomination has been received for each position
If you would like to discuss any of the above please feel very welcome to give me a call.
Finally please note that our players are ready to commence their preseason and will do so as soon as restrictions are lifted. As we celebrate the Centenary of 1st Grade this year (1 October is the actual 100th Anniversary of our first 1st grade game) there’s a number of functions planned. Hopefully they’ll all proceed without Covid interruptions.
0407 291 872